Friday 12 March 2010



and they said Farmer Joe done gone...

We should have seen it coming really. The jumpsuits and the all-in-ones. Utility chic. To be honest, I thought I’d seen the back of certain trends, clogs…e.t.c. I had a green pair when I was about 6. Didn’t think they’d end up in Vogue, just BHS.

Six words… Jean… Paul… Gaultier… at…Fashion Week. He says it’s what we’ll wear this spring, denim dungarees. I’m not sure about that comeback.

This season there’s been quite a few designers that have engaged in this trend such as Roland Mouret, Chloe, Ralph Lauren and even Gwen Stefani’s at LFW. A few of these designers have used luxe fabrics in which to make this workwear classic a high fashion piece, such as silk, chiffon and leather as we saw at Chloe. I like nothing more than unconventional design but will this catwalk trend be translated back to the High St in denim form?

And so the question on my fingertips is… is Farmer Joe coming back to the city for good or is he just on holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk shop...